I am not sure if there is much benefit to broadcast my portfolio online. But it certainly sounds FUN! I was born in a small village with a very auspicious sounding name which loosely translates to mean a hundred victories. I really love that name and in honour of the village, I am calling my portfolio – Invictus. I hope it also brings me many victories in the years ahead.
I have included here is a breakdown of my portfolio as of 31 Dec 2019 and Invictus’s performance since inception in 2016.
- Invictus Gross Return is the return after trading cost, admin fees and so on…
- Invictus Net Return is the return after I applied an artificial fee structure of 0% fixed charge + 20% of the profit above 5% return. Unfortunately, nobody is paying me any fees now but I am determined to change this!
- While I could not care less about what the index does in any month, quarter, and year, it is the best yardstick to measure performance over the long term
Here is how I will update my portfolio on this blog:
- Every investment action will be updated here with at most 2-3 days of delay
- I will try to explain all of my investment decisions as much as possible but no promises here
- Every 6 months, I will provide a comprehensive portfolio update with performance and detail portfolio breakdown as seen above
- Every 6 months, I will write a letter to explain my thinkings in more detail
Please feel free to share any feedback/comments with me! Even better if you share an investment idea with me!
Disclaimer: All information and material presented here are based on a virtual portfolio where there might or might not be actual trading activities behind it. The information contained herein is not intended to be a source of investment advice, credit analysis and trading recommendation. The sole purpose of this document is to document general investment thoughts and reflections on different businesses.